20070708

Eggs and Needles.

Recently I have been doing research for the short story I have started writing Falidon's Whistle. Part of this research process involved me learning about In vitro Fertilization which I must say is a strange process. Not only that but I can't imagine that it does not hurt immensly. In a nutshell the process involves the soon to be mother taking certain medication to stimulate the development of multiple follices. From there an ultrasound guided needle pierces through the vaginal wall to reach the ovaries. This process takes about 20 minutes. I have yet to speak with an OBGYN and I can only hope to gain more knowledge so I can finish this story.

1 comment:

rayfreester said...

i am assuming that you are assuming that aliens would have the same reproductive setup as earth animals?