20070719

Light speed... The one thing I need.

For those of you who have tried to fully realize a science fiction series you mau agree that the hardest part is coming up with what kind of ships you want. For me this is a serious issue. In the TSC the need for light speed is a must, without it the story would not work quiet as well due to the fact that many of my ideas deal time dilation. I have gone through the different ship designs but have found a problem. Who is to say that a complete alien race would have ships similar to that of the Project Orion designs (nuclear pulse propulsion)? Even though I would feel uncomfortable using earth designs or ideas I still do not want to relie on the fact that they are aliens and leave it that. I want plausible light speed ships that can carry a good deal of life forms. For a while I was considering a take on Bussard Ramjects (big hydrogen atom scoops) which are theorized to go close to light speed but I am still unsure. All I need is a huge light speed ship which uses centripical force as gravity and has the capability of holding transport ships to carry indivuals down to the surface of a planet.
Please those of you reading help me.... Otherwise I will have no choice but to use the Ramjet which only works once pushed out into empty space which may serve itself as a problem. So please help me! I keep finding things like Ion ships and what not so PLEASE HELP! It is the one thing I need for the series to be complete! You wanna read it don't you?....Don't you?!

No comments: