20070720

It should be noted.

When I say Lepris Sapien I do not mean to say that lepers will become a sub species, it was nothing more then a cute little title. However by this time in the story the disease is far different then it once was (for plot purposes you understand). If it were to stay the same the threat they cause would be a little silly don't you think? And besides it is about killer lepers and Gustapos!

Anyway I would like to thank JeremyR. for suggesting a very nice light speed travel device but in it lies a problem. What I am looking for is plain and simple. A large ship with the ability to hold mass ammounts of lifeforms across severall lightyears going close to light speed. My need for light speed comes from the fact that a good deal of the story revolves around time dilation which as you know is caused by light speed according to relativity. To my knowledge the way in which I want to deliver time dilation has not yet been done in SF. The only things close supposedly comes from the Ender's Game series (which I have finally begun reading and I must say it is quite good).

Yet again I find myself currently with the closest option being a ramjet which still has problems. All I need is a big hull which can carry alot of lifeforms in one large area because it take far to long to furnish the ship with seats for all sorts of physionomies and it must go close to light speed and be able to succesfully deccelerate before it reaches a docking bay (or whatever you like). Nothing seems to fit!!!!!!

2 comments:

Jeremy Ruhland said...

Just put a bunch of stuff in a ship and get the entire universe to ignore them until they get appear at their destination.

rayfreester said...

That's fine, I understand that the leper story is just sort of a fun and violent crazy thing that everyone likes, just it annoys me when people mangle language in a way that is incorrect, even if you factor out the mangling. Also I'm pretty sure that Neptune is blue becuase it's atmostsphere is made of frozen methane and solid methane is blue. On an unrelated note, I'm rooting for ebola to evolve a lot and cause dire conditions, just becuase I want people who can't wrap their heads around evolution, because they're stubborn (nothing against unintentionally uneducated people, it's not their fault's) to have their brains leak out their decaying noses as they become liquifing zombies.