20070730

Voyage to the Planets.

I just finished watching the BBC program Voyage to the Planets and I must say I was quite impressed. Be it the nice special effects or the actual believability of the mission itself. But I cant help but feel there were a few problems with it aswell.

For starts I felt it was a little to dramatic with the death of one of the crew members. I don't really want to see a lot of boo hooing what I want to see are the planets. This brings me to another problem; they did not go to all of the planets! Uranus, Neptune my two favorite planets and they totally avoid them for Pluto the pimple of the solar system. Yes I understand they went to plant more telescopes but it still is urksome.

Thinking about it now of all the space related docudramas I have seen (all of two) this one falls down in comparison. What I am comparing it to is the discovery channels Alien Planet which if you haven't watched it I advise you to. What set it apart from VTTP is I felt it was more believable because you had actual scientists commenting on the program instead of actors. But do not get me wrong VTTP was extremely good.

No comments: