20070719

I hate to do this... But....

I pride myself throught the knowledge I can gain. I enjoy showing off my gleaming report cards. I like these things.... But recently I have come across to things that have begun to drive me mad. The first as you may have read from my previous entry (yes two posts in one day... It is pathetic) is my difficulty finding an adequate light speed ship now I have a new problem. No matter how many books I read (if you want to know I have been studying astronomy extensivly) I cannot and I mean cannot find anything which explains why outer atmospheres look the way they do! I know neptune appears blue because of something dealing with methane, but to date I cannot find any solid explanations. I ask you readers once again to help me. I quote myself from previous today "Please those of you reading help me.... Otherwise I will have no choice but to use the Ramjet which only works once pushed out into empty space which may serve itself as a problem. So please help me! I keep finding things like Ion ships and what not so PLEASE HELP! It is the one thing I need for the series to be complete! You wanna read it don't you?....Don't you?!"... So what do you say? Help me? Tell ya what if you are to help me in a small section of the writing I will place a little thanks column and your name will be there.... Thanks to Koddtholt Similax and so ans so.... Oh god, tears are pouring from my eyes, blood is trickling from my fingers, puss is oozing from my glands, sweat from my ears, printing ink is spurting from my nose.... So please say yes... Or pay.

1 comment:

Jeremy Ruhland said...

Read this: http://http://www.projectrho.com/rocket/rocket3v.html#stardrives
You should probably read that entire site.
I personally was thinking of a "transmitter to anywhere" design that used some kind of macro-quantum entanglement/microscopic wormhole. You would need a city sized starport with a huge computer being powered by whatever you have to give the most energy. (I'd use a solar array orbiting close to a star to beam power to the station.) A (small) ship would move into place inside a small chamber in the station and the chamber would be sealed. A little quantum weirdness later and -pop- the ships now moved in a direction relative to the station. (Computational power is directly proportionate to distance) Be careful of where you end up because you cant get back without a station and if you're teleported into anything (atoms mixing) you'll die or at worst start a nuclear reaction.